Monacor UK Ltd needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, and other people the organisation has a relationship with. We believe that it is important to protect the personal data of our customers and are committed to this. This policy explains how we may collect and process your personal data. As the data controller, Monacor UK Ltd are committed to adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR.
Collecting and Processing Information
We may collect personal data from you under any of the following circumstances:
· When you place an order through your personal account. Only individuals with accounts can purchase through the site.
· When you contact us directly through the site via our chat system, contact form or direct email.
· Submission of any form, such as our mailing list or account application form.
We will not collect any unnecessary data or ‘special categories of personal data’, such as health records or criminal records. In the event of the submission of an account application form we will perform a credit check on your organisation. This will be expressly made clear to you at the point of submission.
Any personal data provided by the data subject must be accurate and the data subject must have full right to share the personal data provided.
Using Your Personal Information
The personal data held by Monacor UK Ltd of our customers is necessary for the operation of our business. Personal data will be used for the following purposes and shall not be kept longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
· To help identify individuals when they contact us.
· To carry out customer orders and fulfil order deliveries.
· To directly contact customers for discuss orders, order history and sales.
· To send marketing emails, if expressly consented to by the data subject.
· To conduct internal reviews and research into product popularity and sales.
· Perform credit checks on organisations.
· List customers as a supplier on the Find A Retailer section of the Monacor UK Ltd website.
Monacor UK Ltd will never share your personal details with any third party without prior agreeing this action with you. We regularly work with our trusted supplier MLEC (UK) Ltd, for repair services. In the event that you require repair services we will share basic personal data with MLEC (UK) Ltd in order to fulfil the repair service.
In accordance with Data Protection Laws, we adopt securely measures to protect all personal data held by Monacor UK Ltd. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of data.
We will only gather the information that is absolutely necessary for processing your account as our customer. If data given or obtained are excessive for such purpose, they will be immediately deleted or destroyed.
As previously stated, we may occasionally email you about our services, offers and products. We will only process your email information for marketing purposes under your express permission. You will have the option to opt-out of marketing communications in each email. In the event of opting-out your details will be removed from our marketing database but may still be retained for the purpose of conducting business. Please note that you can subscribe to our mailing list at any time via our website www.monacor.co.uk
The Rights of the Individual
All individuals that Monacor UK Ltd hold data on have the right to:
· Enquire what information the company holds about them and why.
· Gain access to their data.
· Prevent the processing of their data for the purpose of direct marketing.
· Not have their data shared with any third party that hasn’t been prior agreed with and outlined to the individual.
· The removal and correction of any inaccurate data about them.
In certain circumstances Monacor UK Ltd might be required to disclose data to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject. Under these circumstances, Monacor UK Ltd will disclose requested data, however we will ensure the request is legitimate and seek legal advisers where necessary.
If you require your details to be updated please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request an Amendment Form along with an appropriate postal address and we will send you a new form to list your new details. All amendments will be made within 48 hours of receipt of the details and any only details will be deleted or destroyed.